Democracy in Action
Belmont Parliament members are elected to represent the pupils in their class. All classes learn about the process of elections and take part in voting for their chosen representative. This is part of Belmont's commitment to promoting British Values and the children's understanding of democracy. They are involved in helping the leadership team in the school make important decisions. Their first job is to decide on their priorities for the year and to create a pledge for the school.
Members of Belmont Academy Parliament
- Year 3 -
- Year 4 -
- Year 5 -
- Year 6 -
Members of Belmont Parliament know that their behaviours have an effect on their own rights and those of others. The eight Learning Goals are demonstrated by our MPs in their relationships with others and their attitude to school.
Members of Belmont Parliament will work together this year to achieve the following:
- Raise money for a chosen charity each term
- Introduce KS2 play leaders to make our playground happier
- Work with teachers to improve maths in the school; taking part in more tournaments and competitions
- Improve the use of The Dell and develop our understanding of nature
- Promote French and Spanish across the school
- Work with adults to make sure children feel safe and ensure Belmont is a Bully-Free Zone
Our final Pledge on anti-bullying is a key part of our work this year.