At Belmont, we believe you can never stop getting better. Our aim is to continue to improve outcomes in Maths for all of our pupils and to foster a love of number and problem solving. Our Calculation Policy is updated annually and is available on our website here.
Our core priorities for 2018-19
- To continue to develop a consistent approach to the teaching of calculation and reasoning
- Build on good teaching to ensure more is consistently outstanding across the school
- Further accelerate progress for disadvantaged pupils
- Secure consistently effective use of Assessment for Learning
How will we achieve our core goals?
Priority 1: Develop a consistent approach to the teaching of calculation and reasoning
- Embed the use of White Rose Maths Hub planning resources
- Participate in Math Mastery Programme and disseminate learning with all staff
Priority 2: Build on good teaching to ensure more is consistently outstanding across the school
- Ongoing quality assurance
- Sharing of best practice across the school
- Delivery of staff training on effective teaching of maths
Priority 3: Further accelerate the progress of disadvantaged pupils
- Deliver targeted booster sessions for Year 6
- Deliver additional booster sessions in other areas of the school
- Continue to have high aspirations for all learners through quality first teaching
Priority 5: Secure consistently effective use of assessment for learning
- Review and update our feedback policy to ensure that misconceptions are addressed at the point of learning.
- Provide assessment training for new teachers
- Moderation of maths in all classes across a cluster of local schools