At Belmont, we value the important role parents and carers play in a child’s education.
We consider home and school to be partners in ensuring all of our pupils reach their potential. We realise that the strategies and approaches used in our school may be unfamiliar to you so we seek opportunities to work together to share our philosophy and give practical support so you can help your child with their learning outside of school.
2019 - 2020
- Phonics workshop for parents in EYFS - 26th September 2019
- Year 5/6 SPaG parent workshop - 2nd October 2019
- Supporting Reading at Home - 7th October 2019
- Phonics workshop for parents in Year 1 - 10th October 2019
- Year 3/4 Maths parent workshop - 6th November 2019
- Year 5/6 Maths parent workshop - 8th November 2019
- Year 1/2 Maths parents workshop - 21st November 2019
All workshops will run at 9:00am and 2:45pm in the main hall. Please call the school office for more information or to register your interest.
To help our parents/carers to model and support the learning of phonics at home, we have created videos which model the pronunciation of the phonemes (sounds) and show their correspondence to the graphemes (the letter/s representing the sound). The videos are posted on our YouTube channel (Belmont Academy Erith) and can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
2018 - 2019
- Phonics workshop for parents in Year 1 - 1st November 2018
- Phonics workshop for parents in Year 2 - Wednesday 14th November 2018
- Phonics workshop for parents in Reception - Friday 16th November 2018
- Supporting reading at home workshop for parents in Year 3 and Yera 4 - Wednesday 21st November 2018
- Maths strategies for parents in Year 5 and Year 6 - Tuesday 27th November 2018
2017 - 18
- Phonics workshop for parents in EYFS and KS1 (October '17)
- Year 6 SATs arrangements (November '17)
- Curriculum Evening - an introduction to the Singapore Bar method for parents (November '17) - see attached presentation