Attendance at Belmont
Last year we set the challenging target of 96.5% which was above the national minimum expectation of 95% attendance for every child. Belmont is compared with all schools and nationally, this figure is above 95%. Our attendance rate for 2019/20 cannot be shared due to national school closures from March 2020 as a result of the pandemic
Our target for 2020/21
This year we have continued with the same target of 96.5% attendance. We are encouraging the pupils to all secure the highest possible attendance rate through a range of incentives. These include:
- Weekly attendance medal board for each class
- An attendance mascot; built by our House Captains at Build-Bear. He is looked after by the class with the top attendance each week
- School and House attendance figures published for parents weekly in our newsletter
- Improved attendance stickers for pupils
- Termly 100% attendance certificates
Holidays during term time
At Belmont, no holiday taken during term time will be authorised and may result in a fine issued by Bexley LEA.
If you would like to find out more on why attendance is so important to us, please click here.