At Belmont, we encourage our pupils to develop a responsible attitude to sustainable travel and road safety.
Our JTAs work with partners from the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils at Belmont have the opportunity to participate in activities to enable them to travel safely.
The JTAs for this year are:
- To encourage green and sustainable travel through Walk on Wednesday
- To reduce the amount of traffic around the school by promoting Park and Stride
- To encourage and monitor safe use of bikes and scooters
- To develop road safety awareness and skills through Walkability and Cycling Proficiency schemes
- To raise awareness of road safety by promoting; Be Safe. Be Seen.
Park and Stride
The JTAs have worked with Bexley Council to identify roads in our Park and Stride initiative. This covers 2 zones where parents can park and be within a 5 or 10 minute walking distance from the school. Please click here for more information on the Park and Stride initiative.